WALES VS. CANADA!!!!

Friday night was the most interesting night I've had since being here I think. The picture above is of me, Kat and Liza (all Canadians). We went to the game and cheered on Canada even though everyone around us was from Wales. The pub we're at in this picture was FULL of Wales supporters so when we first got there we were like... um lets not show that we're canadian until some more of us show up... which they did... but by that time we were already drinking so we didn't care anymore if people knew we were Canadian. At one point there were a bunch of guys all dressed up in stereotypical Canadian clothes... ie lumberjacks, mounties, beavers... raindeer too but I'm not sure if they were just supposed to be deer.

Canada got the first try of the game but sadly lost 61-26. It was a really fun time and I'm EXTREMELY glad that we went just because it was super fun being in a differnet city cheering on the away team.

After the match was over we had to get to Kat's flatmate's (Jake) friend's (Barion) house which is in Taff's Way which is about 30minutes north of Cardiff where the game was. We tried to take the train but there was an extremely large line for that... so we thought we'd take the bus but the bus was full to it's maxium capacity (actually it was probably over maximum capacity). So we took a taxi which only cost £3 something each so that wasn't too bad for such a long drive.
When we got to Taffs Way (which is so named because of the River Taff which flows through/alongside it) we went to a rubgy club because Barion works there. It was weird cause when we first walked in I was thinking... it's all old people but then I saw some younger ones. We were welcomed by the chairman of the rubgy club who was really drunk and talked to us for a while about Canada and the game. He also asked us if we knew our national anthem and of course we were like... yeah. So then he goes off and we get a drink and sit down and the next thing you know we're being called up to where there was a keyboard set up and a microphone and were being made to sing the Canadian national anthem. I still can't believe we actually did it. I wish I had a picture to show but Kat was the only one who's camera was used and it's not digital. While we were singing the room was the quietest it has probably ever been when it's full of people. At the end thought they clapped for us... and the musician who introduced us made a joke saying not to come back (at least I think it was a joke). we then went back to Barion's house where his fridge was FULL of coolers and beer for us to drink. Then we played Dance Dance Revolution.
It was an adventure and a half... I would do it again in a heart beat. It's funny though because I sang the Canadian National Anthem 2 times in one day and I can't even remember the last time I sang it at home in Canada. Funny how that works.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home