Wednesday, October 25

Some things I hate:

1. Water going off before you've brushed your teeth and gotten ready for bed. (stupid welsh water people).
2. Fire Alarms (a practice one goes off for like 5 secs every Wednesday morning... the one day most people don't have lectures?!)
3. People not cleaning up after themselves in the kitchen.
4. People who think it is alright to NOT take out the garbage when they take it out of the garbage can and just let the hall reek of gross garbage... and who leave their own personal bedroom garbage in the hall to be taken out by no one.
5. When people play thier music at 9:30 in the morning and all you can hear is a bass line from flippin rap music... not exactly my idea of music to listen to in the morning. I'm currently listening to Cynthia Dale (who probably none of you know) because she is very relaxing singing her musical songs...
6. People who lie about being able to smoke in their room... FYI there is no such thing as a "Head Porter".
7. People who let thier doors slam.
8. My computer.
9..... I'm sure there's more I hate... I just can't think of it right now because Cynthia Dale is calming me. :)

So I found a piano on campus... actually quite a few pianos... so I can actually sit and play more or less whenever I want... but there's one problem with that... not thinking I would find a piano close enough to play whenever I wanted (what was I thinking?!?!), I didn't bring any music with me.

I also am now part of an all female choir. I'd say there is a total of about 9 woman who can ACTUALLY sing (apart from one person who is supposed to be a 1st soprano but I think is tone deaf). And I was talking to the President of the Choral Society (her name is Anna) and she said she's in an Anglican Church Choir and I told her I was interested in singing in a church choir (I'm glad it wasn't Catholic... I know NOTHING about that part of the Christian religions). So I might go check it out... but not this week because i can't remember what time the practice was on FRIDAY NIGHT... and I would go to the actual church service but it's at 9:30 on Sunday and Sunday is my BIRTHDAY!!!!! And we're going out on Saturday night so I might be unable to attend church that early in the morning... although I have done it before at home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

I know who Cynthia Dale is! I didn't know she had a cd!!!!

9:56 p.m.  
Blogger Emily said...

yeah it's excellent... I got it when I was in Straford, Ontario... She's definitely not known for her vocal abilities but she's good.

7:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home