Saturday, November 4

Gregynog

I almost forgot to post about my amazing trip to Gregynog on Monday and Tuesday. All the Canadian exchange students, some Australians and the Swansea students who are going abroad next year all went to Gregynog for 2 days. It was a blast. Basically the North Americans/Australians were just there to talk about their home Universities for 5 minutes and that was it. The trip was basically for the Swansea students to pick where they want to go next year. And NO ONE picked UNB. Surprise Surprise!

The bus trip wasn't too bad. I think it was something like 3 hours (with a bit of a detour due to a road closure no one knew about). There were tons of sheep along the road (and I mean TONS!). I think it was "typical" welsh country side... beautiful in other words.

Now for your history lesson! Well... history of Gregynog anyway... or at least what I can remember. :) It was owned by this really rich family who owned lots of mansion type houses around the UK and this particular one was lived in by 2 spinster sisters. They died or moved or something and gave the place to the University of Wales, so now it's a place where conferences can be held and I guess you can live there (do research maybe). We had to be considerate of these people because they we're there to party like we were :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home