No more classes in the UK!
So yesterday was my very last day of classes in the UK. Tragic, I know. But it's all good, because now I just have to study, write exams and then I'll get to see my Mom and head home from there. YAY! However, it's going to be extremely hard to leave.
This past week has been very hectic (and involved a lot of drinking). It was Susannah's birthday on Tuesday, so we had a little kids party with Pin the Tail on the Donkey, Musical chairs and Pass the Parcel! What fun!!! Then we went out and had some cocktails. It was a Tuesday night so not many people were out, but we had fun anyway. I woke up the next morning feeling slightly rough, but was fine. That night Susannah, Bettina (one of our flatmates) and I went to the cinema and saw Wild Hogs. FUNNY!!!!!!!! I was laughing 95% of the time. And at the end they have this part with Ty Pennington from Extreme Makeover Home Edition and I was the only one in the theatre laughing, because the British don't get that show, and noone understood that it was funny, meanwhile I was laughing all by myself really hard (they probably thought I was simple or something hahah). Thursday we went to JC's (the pub on campus) because, now that we're all alcoholics, we can't go more than 36 hours without drinking. Then Susannah, Adam (another one of our flatmates) and I watched a really messed up movie, called A Scanner Darkly... weird but at the same time really interesting. It had a bunch of big name actors in it and the whole thing was kind of cartoony, but done kind of with photoshop. Last night it was my friend Eve's 21st birthday and she's from Ontario, so we had to go out with her... so that was another night of drinking... and it kind of took the place of Last Class Bash. It's weird, at UNB, that's a HUGE deal... but here, LCB wasn't even talked about. Most of the people have already gone home because we have a week off before exams so they've gone home to study. They'll party almost everyday of the week, but when it comes to the last day of classes, most people were gone home. Weird. And I talked to a bunch of people from my course apparently (that I have never talked to before in my life) and basically invited them to visit me whenever they're in Canada... gotta love Facebook because now I have more friends (I probably said, add me to facebook to every second person I saw and recognized). Oh dear, and I might be going out again tonight... But at least there aren't anymore classes! Just exams to study for.
I also watched the new Grey's Anatomy... I love the internet and alluc.org... what would I do without it!
This past week has been very hectic (and involved a lot of drinking). It was Susannah's birthday on Tuesday, so we had a little kids party with Pin the Tail on the Donkey, Musical chairs and Pass the Parcel! What fun!!! Then we went out and had some cocktails. It was a Tuesday night so not many people were out, but we had fun anyway. I woke up the next morning feeling slightly rough, but was fine. That night Susannah, Bettina (one of our flatmates) and I went to the cinema and saw Wild Hogs. FUNNY!!!!!!!! I was laughing 95% of the time. And at the end they have this part with Ty Pennington from Extreme Makeover Home Edition and I was the only one in the theatre laughing, because the British don't get that show, and noone understood that it was funny, meanwhile I was laughing all by myself really hard (they probably thought I was simple or something hahah). Thursday we went to JC's (the pub on campus) because, now that we're all alcoholics, we can't go more than 36 hours without drinking. Then Susannah, Adam (another one of our flatmates) and I watched a really messed up movie, called A Scanner Darkly... weird but at the same time really interesting. It had a bunch of big name actors in it and the whole thing was kind of cartoony, but done kind of with photoshop. Last night it was my friend Eve's 21st birthday and she's from Ontario, so we had to go out with her... so that was another night of drinking... and it kind of took the place of Last Class Bash. It's weird, at UNB, that's a HUGE deal... but here, LCB wasn't even talked about. Most of the people have already gone home because we have a week off before exams so they've gone home to study. They'll party almost everyday of the week, but when it comes to the last day of classes, most people were gone home. Weird. And I talked to a bunch of people from my course apparently (that I have never talked to before in my life) and basically invited them to visit me whenever they're in Canada... gotta love Facebook because now I have more friends (I probably said, add me to facebook to every second person I saw and recognized). Oh dear, and I might be going out again tonight... But at least there aren't anymore classes! Just exams to study for.
I also watched the new Grey's Anatomy... I love the internet and alluc.org... what would I do without it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home