Sunday, February 25

mmm... cookies

Friday night I went out... what else is new. It was supposed to be Kat, Susannah and I, plus whoever we could convince to come out with us last minute. But Kat wasn't feeling well so Susannah and I went by ourselves and got really drunk, had a weird encounter with an Asian guy in the line up for DV8 who had obviously tried to already get in that night but was too drunk and the bouncer wouldn't let him in, left the bar at 12:30, had a feast of toast (because we promised ourselves we wouldn't get greasy chips, cheese and gravy). We ended up almost falling asleep on Susannah's bed before I was like... I'm going to sleep and left, although we were both still too enibreated to sleep and not wake up the next morning with a hang over. Needless to say we did, but luckily I woke up a few times in the night and managed to pour a bunch of water into me so I wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, Susannah wasn't so lucky and had to go to Bristol to visit her friends that day and go out that night (for someone's birthday)...

So Saturday night no one was really around... obviously Susannah went to visit her friends, Izzy and Julia were both gone as per usual, Bettina and her friend were going to the cinema and asked me if I wanted to go but I already saw the movie so I declined (Dream Girls). Then Adam asked me what I was up to and said he and his girlfriend were going to the movies but were trying to get a group together to see Hot Fuzz, but obviously I wasn't go to go with just the 2 of them; Steve and his girlfriend went out on a fancy dinner date, and who knows where Pugs was... probably working at JCs and then out to DV8. Kat and her flatmates invited me out but we had a bit of a miscommunication so I thought they'd already left but they hadn't. It was alright though, I needed a night in. I made shortbread cookies instead. And since last night when I made them, I've probably eaten about half. surprise surprise. oink oink. I did walk to church today though, so I guess that was a bit of exercise. And I went and bought the newspaper (and resisted from buying any chocolate, although in all fairness that was because the paper said it was 1.80 but was actually only 70p (student discount) and I had 2.00 so I thought I only had 20p left over, hence not enough to actually buy any chocolate) And because of all the butter, sugar and floor (but mostly butter) in the cookies, I decided it would be best to have a healthy supper consisting of broccoli and carrots and some sour cream and chive dip. Although I've had the dip for awhile so I'm not surprised if it was off and now I'll wake up tomorrow morning feeling sick and horrible. It didn't taste off, until like the last bite when it left a funky aftertaste in my mouth... we shall see.

Now I'm just waiting for one of the girls to get back. I'm thinking there's going to be some stories to be told (by them, not me since the above is all I've done this weekend). But Susannah's train is delayed 3 hours or something outrageous like that. Izzy always gets back late... and I'm not sure about Julia.

I may join the choir at the church I've been to the last 2 Sundays. I asked them if I could borrow a hymn book with music (because I don't know the hymns and I love that part of the service... the singing). And then they basically asked me if I wanted to join the choir, although there is a guy from the univeristy choral in that choir and he's kind of annoying. I can't go this week anyway because I might be going away... plus they practice on Friday night at 7pm. How am I supposed to get there? The bus (I don't think) doesn't go there and it's dark in the park (as well as ill advised to walk alone... people got thier bags nearly stolen 2 weeks ago). I'll just have to see if I'm in the right mood when the time comes. Some of the ladies from the choir are nice... I think they're in major need of some good singing voices... but that's just my opinion. :)

Oh... and just in case my sister reads this... HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

Mmm... shortbread cookies. Sounds yummy!

I heard Hot Fuzz is supposed to be really good. You should see it and let me know.

And any choir would be lucky to have you. But you're right, the Friday night practices could be a pain.

11:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home